Guys that Stand UP : Mountaineers
Our "Mountaineers", designed for boys in 7th and 8th grade, meet on the third Sunday of every month from 11:00am-2:00pm. This group serves as our middle school leadership-mentoring program (and the “Mountaineers” to the High School Men Moving Mountains Members), facilitated by our motivated high school students and our male director, Ryan Le Grange. Mountaineers is designed for every 7th and 8th grade guy from any school. Activities focus on a variety of themes pertaining to the theme of each month, while focusing on an outdoor expeditions such as paddle boarding, fishing, biking, hiking and so much more!
This group's mission is to give guys the opportunity to mature into young adults while improving relationships and connecting with male leaders in our community. The leadership skills they develop will be culminated in our Peaks & Valley's Retreats, where the Mountaineers will help lead certain activities with high school students. Our ultimate goal is to train these guys to become future members of Men Moving Mountains.
Middle school guys can address the challenges of adolescence, build confidence, make new friends, and find healthy outlets through this opportunity. And of course, they will be having a lot of fun too!
Participants of Crew are given the opportunity to engage in the following:
- Monthly Group Sessions (3 Hours)
- All out door activities included
- Mentoring of Elementary School Students in Quarterly Splash Seshs (5 hours)
- Opportunity to volunteer with MMM Members at one philanthropic activity a semester (cost included in program costs)
- Opportunity to volunteer at one series a semester
- Special Events: Parent’s Night Out, Founder’s Day Event
- Gain Experience Fundraising
- Monthly Community Service Projects: All the promote social and emotional health!
What are the benefits for participating in Mountaineers?
- A safe space to have honest discussions about social issues with their peers while benefiting from the expertise of a trained, licensed counselor and other professionals
- Techniques for leading activities for elementary and middle school students
- Tools to teach and support emotional growth
- Stronger team building skills
- Leadership experience
- A place to develop passions and execute ideas
- Empowerment to effect change in community and personal life
- Learn the importance of giving back to the community and about different philanthropies
- A supporting network and foundation for long lasting friendships
- Connecting a building relationships with our MMM High School Program
- An integral position to impact and promote generations of positive, educated, empowered and service-minded men
- Building global service values, expanding mindsets and challenging inclusiveness
What is the cost to join Mountaineers?
The semester costs to participate is $425 for each participant (or you can pay $800 for the year). This covers Mountaineer expenses to implement the leadership, mentoring and philanthropic programs. It also includes the following for each student member:
- Monthly Group Sessions (3 hours)
- Outdoor excursions (such as paddling, fishing, biking, etc)
- One Splash Sesh Attendance (5 hours) per semester
- Attendance at one generation Stand UP Series per year
- Participation fees paid to attend one philanthropic event per year
- Two (2) program t-shirts
- Attendance at Founder’s Day Event
- Parent’s Night Out
- Execution of Activities and Events for Men Moving Mountain's Program
- Community Service Component
A special thank you to our Sponsor Women in Philanthropy from Martin County! They are excited to sponsor students from Martin County. Please click here to apply.