Girls that Stand UP in our Leadership Crew:
Our "Crew" includes a variety of activities, including attending high school facilitated workshops, philanthropy events and fundraisers. All of which participants receive community service hours for attending. This group serves as our middle school leadership program that is taking community initiatives to help improve the social and emotional health of our community (and the “Crew” to the High School Women Making Waves Members), facilitated by our motivated high school students and Ashley Le Grange, LMHC. Crew is designed for every girl from any school. Activities focus on a variety of themes pertaining to the theme of each month. In the past, we have investigated topics such as making wise choices, strengthening communication, reducing stress, becoming tech safe, and building confidence.
This group's mission is to give girls the opportunity to mature into young adults while building robust friendships. The leadership skills they develop will be culminated in our community service initiatives, where the middle school girls will have the opportunity to apply workshop skills offered from the high school students. Our ultimate goal is to train these girls to become future members of Women Making Waves.
Middle school girls can address the challenges of adolescence, build confidence, make new friends, and find healthy outlets through this opportunity. And of course, they will be having a lot of fun too!
Themes for the 2017-2018 Workshops:
- Sandler Goal Setting Program
- Teambuilding and Friendship Skills
- Healthy Highs; Weeding Out the Myths
- Financial Literacy
- Leadership Skills
- Empathy and Community Initiatives/Awareness
- Media and Positive Body Image
- Career Interests and Discovering Passions
- Digital Footprints and Safety
- Dealing with Stress and Cultivating Mindfulness
Participants of Crew are given the opportunity to engage in the following:
- Monthly Group Sessions (3 Hours)
- Opportunity to volunteer with WMW Members at one philanthropic activity a semester (cost included in program costs)
- Opportunity to volunteer at one SUF High School Event a semester
- Special Events:Middle School Dance!
- Gain Experience Fundraising
- Monthly Community Service Projects: All promote social and emotional health!
What are the benefits for participating in Crew?
- A safe space to have honest discussions about social issues with their peers while benefiting from the expertise of a trained, licensed counselor
- Tools to teach and support emotional growth
- Stronger team building skills
- Leadership experience
- A place to develop passions and execute ideas
- Empowerment to effect change in their community and personal life
- Learn the importance of giving back to the community and about different philanthropies
- A supporting network and foundation for long lasting friendships
- Connecting and building relationships with our WMW High School Program
- An integral position to impact and promote generations of positive, educated, empowered and service-minded women
- Building global service values, expanding mindsets and challenging inclusiveness
What is the cost to join Crew?
The yearly costs to participate are $1400 for each participant, however the organization helps to fundraise, seek grants and sponsorships for many of these costs. Tuition for our programming is $650 for the year when you register before September 1, or $400 a semester. We also offer a monthly drop in rate of $100 per session. This covers Crew expenses to implement the leadership, mentoring and philanthropic programs. It also includes the following for each student member:
- Monthly Group Sessions (Minimum of 15 hours a semester of community service opportunities!)
- Participation fees paid to attend one philanthropic event per year
- Two (2) program t-shirts
- Execution of Activities and Events for Women Making Waves Crew Program
- Friendships that last a life time!
We also offer family discounts. Please contact us for more information.
A special thank you to our Sponsor Women in Philanthropy from Martin County! They are excited to sponsor students from Martin County. Please click here to apply.